The COSMIC team works on varied and multidisciplinary topics with the primary aim of providing cutting-edge image acquisition and processing tools. Some specific research topics are listed below.
Research activities in MRI are conducted at NeuroSpin (CEA/DRF/Joliot) in the field of:
- accelerated acquisition through the development of SPARKLING under-sampling schemes at 3T and 7T
- accelerated reconstruction using both online compressed sensing reconstruction and deep learning methodology
Research activities in astrophysics are conducted at CosmoStat (CEA/DRF/Irfu) in the field of:
- deconvolution and denoising of galaxy images
- weak lensing and parameter shape estimation
Research activities in Focused Ion Beam Scanning Electron Microscopy (FIB-SEM) are conducted both in 2D and 3D imaging to:
- Speed up image acquisition using compressed sensing techniques
- Image inpainting to perform image reconstruction and recover missing pixel values.
These works are conducted in close collaboration with Pierre-Henri Jouneau (CEA/DRF/IRIG) in Grenoble.
Research activities in Electron Tomography (ET) are conducted in tight collaboration with our colleague Zineb Saghi at DRT/LETI to
- perform 3D tomographic reconstruction from limited angle 2D projections
- address 4D spectroscopic imaging
These works are conducted in close collaboration with Zineb Saghi and Martin Jacob (CEA/DRT/LETI) in Grenoble.
Research activities in guided wave tomography are conducted in tight collaboration with our colleagues Olivier Mesnil and Tom Drué at DRT/LIST to
- minimize the number of sensors used for structural health monitoring on fixed systems (e.g. wing aircraft, pipelines, etc.)
- address 3D compressed sensing reconstruction of tomographic images from a limited number of data.
These works are conducted in close collaboration with Olivier Mesnil, Tom Dupré and Arthur Waguet (CEA/DRT/LIST), in Saclay.